We spent the last 3 nights in Birmingham at a hotel and did not take our laptop so I have not been able to give updates on Jane Baird. This morning when we walked into the NICU a nurse informed me that Jane Baird decided not to wait on the doctor to remove her chest tube--she did it herself! I am so glad I wasn't there for that b/c I probably would have cried. After that ordeal she had to be x-rayed to make sure everything looked ok and it did. They did not have to replace it and they were already talking about removing it. Jane Baird just decided to speed things along.
Jane Baird had her esophogram (not sure about the spelling) this afternoon around 3:30 and the doctor came up to speak with us around 5:00. He said it looked "pristine." Her feeding tube was removed and she had her first bottle tonight. She drank it down really fast. Her second bottle was given 3 hours later and she drank it all but it took 30 minutes to finish the whole bottle. She kept trying to fall asleep.
We are hoping that Jane Baird will get to come home next week. We haven't been given a date or anything but she is doing so well. I am posting a few pictures from the past several days.
No comments:
Post a Comment