Tuesday, November 4, 2008
It's a ...
I went to the doctor for my big ultrasound today. My appointment was at 9:15 but we got there about 45 minutes early. I went to the lab to have my iron levels checked and my levels are back up to normal. However, I still have to continue taking the iron capsules everyday. Then Alan and I went in to have the ultrasound. The baby was moving all around (probably b/c I followed some advice from a friend and drank a Mountain Dew on the way to the doctor's office). We saw and heard a strong heartbeat and saw legs, spine, arms, the head, etc. And then she began looking for female or male parts. I started to get nervous and then she zoomed in and said there was not a penis. So I said "Is there any chance a penis will grow there?" and she said "No--it's definately a girl." I know that may have been a silly question on my part but I know of two incidences recently when someone thought they were having a girl and it turned out to be a boy. I just wanted to be sure. Alan has been making fun of me all day for asking that but I just wanted to be sure. We are so excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats....girls are lots of fun.. but I am sure boys are too... I only know about girls as of now!
Hey Meredith,
Congratulations! You are so funny, I love reading your post. I love the pics of Jack. You are a great aunt. Enjoy it now while you still have time to. It is very hard once you have kids to be able fuss over your niece and nephews as much. I enjoyed being in MS with Kolby and John Michael in Oct without my kids.
Take Care,
Lauren
Post a Comment