Friday, September 26, 2008

I can't breathe!

Well I am one week away from my second trimester and I have been careful not to take ANY medications and I have been eating really healthy. I am trying to do everthing thing right and then I develop a terrible sinus infection! Anyone who knows mw knows that I can't stand to have a stopped up nose. As a matter of fact there was a time when I could not even get to sleep without using over-the-counter nose spray and had to use it every night (this was before I ever got pregnant). I finally broke that bad habbit and I don't even keep it in the house. Well for the past two days I have been so stopped up. I felt so bad today that I left school today during my planning period and ran down to Sheri's One Stop to see if they had any of the medications on my list of things I can take. I was looking for Sudafed or Tylenol Cold & Sinus and couldn't find either. I did find some kind of Tylenol Sinus product and I bought a little sample pack. I swallowed it down when I got back to school hoping that it would give me some relief. Well it didn't work! I suffered through another miserable day of this sinus infection. (I have been so ill the past few days b/c I feel so bad. Lucky for Alan he has been out of town and hasn't had to put up with me) I went to the mall this evening and went into K-Mart trying to find a medication on my list and had no luck. They said they don't even carry anything with Sudafed and said to try Walgreens or CVS. CVS was my next stop and they had what I needed. It is kind of embarassing to buy Sudafed these days b/c it is behind the counter and you have to have your driver's liscense swiped and sign a thing stating that you could face prison time if you use the medication illegally or whatever it said. I didn't even read the whole thing I just signed it and paid. Any way I took it when I got home and I was hoping that this would work...but it didn't. I'm still stopped up! I bought some Saline nose spray but that stuff is a joke. So then I remember what two of my janitors from school told me once. They said to squirt salty water up my nose and it would clear me right up. Well I was desperate tonight and I tried it. (Sorry Pam and Rick but that was a STUPID idea!!! It just burned up the inside of my nose and made my situation worse. Thanks a lot!) So next I tried taking a hot bath (Alan's idea) and putting a warm wet wash cloth on my nose. That was a stupid idea too. I didn't work either. If any one has any ideas that will work, please let me know. I am desperate!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

All I can suggest is the plain psuedoephedrine products that you have to sign for at the pharmacy counter. The ones sold on the shelf contain a different decongestant. Hope this helps and hope you feel better.